August 31, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Cook-offs involve the participation of teams that prepare large quantities of their favorite recipes that are provided to judges and are given (or sold) to participants to try. Prizes are awarded and a good time is had by all! Cook-off events held every year featuring treats like chili, chicken wings, gumbo, Southwestern stew and, of course, barbecue.
Contest Rules for Cook-Off
1. Contestants must be amateurs. Chefs, Cooks or Culinary Arts Students are not eligible.
2. Contestants may have more than one entry, but can only win one (1) prize.
3. Submissions must be home cooked (not store bought).
4. Types of desserts that may be entered:
5. Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
6. All submissions will become property of Faith Tabernacle.
7. Contestants may work individually or with a team. (Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/team only, NOT each individual.)
8. Contestants should not fraternize with the judges.
• Check-in is at 10:30 AM in the Commons Area of the Family Life Center. Please be on time.
• The Contest Representative is Sis Edna Williams.
• Please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
• No visitors or children in the judging area.
The Scoring System:
• Each contestant will be assigned a number for judging. Submissions will be judged on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest.
• You will be judged on taste and appearance.
• The Contest Representative will tally all of the ballots. The contestant with the highest score will be the winner.
PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED THE DAY OF THE CONTEST
YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
Rules are subject to change